Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, physical address, email address and other contact information, whether at work or at home.
The Information Vitrue Collects:
- User Provided Information: You may choose to provide certain Personal Information to Vitrue when choosing to participate in various activities on the Vitrue Sites; however, you may visit our main corporate Site without submitting any Personal Information.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Vitrue Sites, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Vitrue uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to a Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Vitrue Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the Vitrue Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear Gifs Information: When you use the Vitrue Sites, we may employ “clear gifs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our Users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
The Way ViTrue Uses Information
- If you submit Personal Information to us through the Vitrue Sites, we may use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Vitrue Sites.
- We do not use your email address or other Personal Information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Vitrue Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your Personal Information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Vitrue Sites and to create new features, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When Vitrue Discloses Information
- We do not share your Personal Information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements and/or functionality on the Vitrue Sites.
- We may release Personal Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- Vitrue also reserves the right to disclose Personal Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that Vitrue believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our legal rights, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our Sites, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Vitrue, our Users or others.
Your Choices You may choose whether or not to provide Personal Information to Vitrue. This notice relating to when we collect Personal Information and how it will be used should help you to make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you can still use and access the sites, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services that involve our interaction with you.
Links to Other Sites There may be links on the Vitrue Sites that may let you leave the Vitrue Sites. The linked sites are not under the control of Vitrue and Vitrue is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. Vitrue is providing these links to you only as a convenience. Vitrue is not responsible and assumes no legal liability for the accuracy of the contents or any other aspect of any external Web site to which a link or other reference has been provided in the Vitrue Sites.
Our Commitment To Data Security Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Vitrue does not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Vitrue Sites from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Vitrue Sites at any time or in any manner. If Vitrue learns that Personal Information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Vitrue Sites without verified parental consent, then Vitrue will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Vitrue does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Vitrue Sites from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Vitrue Sites at any time or in any manner. If Vitrue learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Vitrue Sites without verified parental consent, then Vitrue will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy In the event that Vitrue is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used.
Effective date: October 8, 2007