Strategic Development Director
Vitrue is the leading Social Relationship Management (SRM) platform, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology, and partners with brands, marketers and agencies around the world to maximize their social media engagement. The Vitrue SRM platform gives brands the ability to scale across multiple social networks, target global to local, and publish content that drives and facilitates the two-way dialogue between brands and their fans across multiple social networks. In addition, Vitrue, an original Facebook Preferred Developer Consultant, provides clients access to deep analytics, industry insights and best practices, product training options and high-touch customer service, giving brands a competitive social advantage. For more company information, please visit http://vitrue.com.
Vitrue’s Strategic Development Team:
Vitrue’s Strategic Development team is responsible for both engaging with our largest clients to create implementable solutions powered by the Vitrue platform that help them succeed in the rapidly developing social space and provide an aggregate view of the marketplace to the internal teams at Vitrue to inform the strategic direction and imperatives of the company. By proactively identifying and cultivating strategic growth opportunities for Vitrue and its largest clients the Strategic Development team plays a critical role in Vitrue’s overall growth, success and strategic direction.
To successfully drive strategic solutions and positioning with our largest clients, the Strategic Development team works extensively with the sales, account management and marketing teams at Vitrue. In this capacity, the Strategic Development team is also responsible for ensuring that solutions provided by Vitrue are aligned with our client’s business objectives and that each strategic client solution is supported by a strong value story that can be validated throughout the relationship.
Strategic Development Director:
The Strategic Development Director is responsible for developing thought-leader relationships and driving advanced social media solutions with both developmental and existing partners. The primary responsibilities of Strategic Development in this capacity are:
- Providing Advanced Thought-Leadership: Vitrue’s clients are often Fortune 1000 companies looking for advanced social channel solutions for their business and marketing objectives. The Vitrue platform is a catalyst for these efforts and the Strategic Development Director provides advanced strategic leadership on how our clients can better execute business and marketing imperatives through existing and emerging social channels.
- Ensuring that Execution is Aligned with Client Objectives: The Strategic Development Director will work with the account management and client delivery teams to ensure that solutions are aligned with the client’s objectives at the onset of implementation.
- Driving High-Level Partnership Value Articulation: Throughout the engagement period with select clients, the Strategic Development Director will deliver high-level value articulation work on client efforts to date.
Beyond the thought leadership role with clients, the Strategic Development Director will lead significant internal projects critical to the evolution and growth of Vitrue. In particular, the Strategic Development Director is tasked with leveraging their unique familiarity with real-time marketplace needs to best inform strategic projects and direction at Vitrue.
Related to these responsibilities, demonstrated success and experience in the following areas are essential for candidates applying to this position:
- Analytical Problem Solving: Ability to apply advanced analytical techniques to strategic business decisions and problem solving. In particular, demonstrated acumen in mining data to provide key insights and high-level recommendations.
- Strategic Framing and Planning: Capable of deconstructing complex problems to their contributing variables and building a strategy and business plan that successfully addresses them.
- Executive Level Engagement: Significant business development or strategic project engagement with senior ranking decision makers (ex. C-Suite level). Strong interpersonal and communication skills, executive presence, and ability to build meaningful relationships with all levels of client and internal staff and management.
- Value Framing and Articulation: Ability to plan value measurement requirements against business objectives and articulate the performance value of an effort or program at its conclusion
- Organizational Leadership: Proven experience in identifying critical business improvement or opportunity areas, formulating a strategic solution and driving that solution through an organization.
- Project Management: Adeptness in managing multiple projects or responsibilities that require proactive leadership.
- Moving at the Speed of Vitrue: Vitrue is a fast-growth company in a rapidly developing and innovative field. Demonstrated aptitude in operating at an exceptional level in such an environment is advantageous.
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated success in the fields of Management Consulting, Brand Management, Social Media or Social Networking.
- Familiarity or expertise with the most popular social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+), trends in the social media space and the dynamics of the marketing ecosystem
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree from a top tier school
- High energy, highly self-motivated with a passion for success
- Oriented to start-up environments and fast-paced environments
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Direct experience working with or in a sales organization is a strong plus.
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this scenario, please email us your resume with a cover letter introducing yourself and explaining why you are a good candidate for this position. Include the position title in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org in Word or PDF version.
Please also provide a link to your LinkedIn profile and Twitter name.
We offer generous salaries, stock options, great benefits, casual work environment with flexible schedule, paid parking or public transportation, ping-pong, free drinks and food, and a career path.
No phone calls or direct LinkedIn contact, please.
At this time we are not accepting agency resumes for this position.
Vitrue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.