Sr Software Engineer
Vitrue is the leading Social Relationship Management (SRM) platform, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology, and partners with brands, marketers and agencies around the world to maximize their social media engagement. The Vitrue SRM platform gives brands the ability to scale across multiple social networks, target global to local, and publish content that drives and facilitates the two-way dialogue between brands and their fans across multiple social networks. In addition, Vitrue, an original Facebook Preferred Developer Consultant, provides clients access to deep analytics, industry insights and best practices, product training options and high-touch customer service, giving brands a competitive social advantage. For more company information, please visit http://vitrue.com.
We’re looking for talented, passionate hackers who want to solve interesting problems in social media primarily on Facebook and Twitter.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for quickly developing interactive web applications, largely on Facebook. Will participate in the design and coding of end-to-end applications including database models, application logic, and presentation layers. Our Technology stack includes Ruby on Rails, MySQL, and JQuery, to name a few technologies, but we’re looking for sharp individuals who are able to adapt the right technologies to solve business problems.
- Produce high-quality, standards-compliant code on short deadlines – 85% Coding
- Work with the Marketing Team and other non-development groups to engage consumers using social media
Technologies we use daily
Mac OS X, Ruby on Rails, Facebook, Twitter, MySQL, MongoDB, Cloud Computing
Would you like to…
Scale apps to handle over 1500 requests per minute?
Have your work be seen by hundreds of millions of people?
Use NoSQL in a production environment?
Do test driven development?
Spend your day engineering software instead of wasting time in meetings?
Have the freedom to use new technology?
So did we. That’s why we work at Vitrue.
- Solid software development skills (3+ years)
- One or more years developing in Ruby on Rails, Python, Java, PHP, or any “next gen” scripting language
- Proficiency at optimizing SQL queries (exposure to NoSQL is a plus)
- Experience with Mac OS X or another *NIX. We don’t do Windows.
- Write standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- Strive for beautiful code
- Bonus points if you’re good at playing old arcade games and ping pong!
- Social Media experience is a plus
- Experience in a start-up environment is preferred
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this scenario, please email us your resume with a cover letter introducing yourself and explaining why you are a good candidate for this position. Include the position title in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org in Word or PDF version.
Please also provide a link to your LinkedIn profile and Twitter name.
We offer generous salaries, stock options, great benefits, casual work environment with flexible schedule, paid parking or public transportation, ping-pong, free drinks and food, and a career path.
No phone calls or direct LinkedIn contact, please.
At this time we are not accepting agency resumes for this position.
Vitrue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.